Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurrection (94/365)

~*~*~


“Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.”
~ Martin Luther

TIME: 8:00 AM
PLACE: Church
SUBJECT: Resurrection

My church is what might be called a multi-media church. Displays in the atrium are often graphic and meaningful. This cross, bearing the nails that held the written sins of Good Friday service attendees, was raised to the top of the atrium today - the sins taken away.

~*~*~

2 comments:

we're doomed said...

I think I would need a rather large cross to hold my sin list. I think you go to a Church that understands the Bible and people.

Unknown said...

That is a great picture. I didn't realize it was nails at first. It looks almost like people on a sidewalk and the sidewalks intersect in a way of saying we are all sinners on our different paths - some doing more sinning and others trying to be forgiven. Some are moving quickly and others are almost at a standstill.

I hate it when my eyes play games with me.