Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence (185/365)



~*~*~


“Independence? That's middle class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth.”
~ George Bernard Shaw

TIME: 10:00 PM
PLACE: Podunk Illinois
SUBJECT: Independence

Since moving to Podunk, there has been a neighborhood rivalry of sorts on the 4th of July. It's a battle of illegal fireworks and who can put together the best display without going to jail. There is much taunting leading up to the evening of the 4th - M80's exchanged between parties
in the middle of the night - posturing prior to the big display.

In the past, I've been kind of a party pooper, worrying about the expense, safety and the legality of it all. This year? I was in a much different frame of mind and let myself have a good time - and a good time is what I had. It felt wonderful to let loose of all of the crap and just enjoy the moment. I think I might just be finding my own independence!

~*~*~

1 comment:

Sedorah said...

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and relax. Great shot!