Friday, February 5, 2010

Mailbox (36/365)

~*~*~


“Two of the cruelest, most primitive punishments our town deals out to those who fall from favor are the empty mailbox and the silent telephone.”
~ Hedda Hopper

TIME: 1:30 PM
PLACE: Home Sweet Home
SUBJECT: Mailbox

I kind of miss the "old" days, where people wrote letters instead of sending email. There is something quite intimate about holding a written note in your hands, seeing the impression of pen to paper, and knowing someone did that thinking only of you when they did.

~*~*~

3 comments:

we're doomed said...

A real letter is a cherished present. But an email is better than nothing too. QCTM

Unknown said...

I agree. I love a hand written letter. It is quite intimate, isn't it? I make my 7 year old write thank you notes. I think those should ALWAYS be handwritten.

Kim said...

Hand written letters are the way to my heart...pass that on to any sweet male gingers out there ;-)